Frequently asked questions
Our advice is to not just prep the skin day a day before applying your self tan.
If you do have an event on you wish to tan for, start your routine a week prior.
Exfoliate and moisturize daily leading up to the tan day, then you feel confident your skin is at best. Only exfoliate on tan day, leave the moisturizer as self tan always works best on clean dry skin free of deodorants and moisturizers.
Make sure to shave or wax 24 hours prior to applying your Little Honey as this will give the pores time to close, and you won’t end up with tan settling into them.
- Spray 2-3 pumps onto your Little Honey Flawless Blending Glove start at the bottom (legs) and work up.
- Buff in circular motions over your skin taking extra care around your knees and ankles.
- Again spray 2-3 pumps onto your glove and apply to next section. Continue to work in circular motions, buffing the tan into your skin and repeat with 2-3 pumps on your glove at a time.
- When applying around feet, ankles, knuckles and elbows a tip is to sweep over these areas with any remaining product on the Glove so the product goes on sparingly and doesn’t grab.
- Remember you are trying to mimic the sun so focus on the tops of your legs and feet rather than the sides and ankles.
- Leave on for at least 4 hours before showering. DO NOT apply moisturizer until after developing time as this could cause tan transfer
Click here for more application instructions & a video demonstration.
It’s so easy! Just make sure you have an account with Little Honey, and we will keep track of every dollar you spend – and reward you with points that you can redeem on your next order!
- Browse Little Honey for the self tanning products you want
- At checkout, make sure you are logged in, or create an account
- Click Apply Discount if you already have Reward points
- Complete your order and enjoy your savings!
Whenever you are logged in you can see your Little Honey Rewards balance on the My Account page, and at checkout. You can redeem your points by clicking Apply Discount at checkout.
You get $5 worth of savings for every 100 reward points and we hope you enjoy spending them!
Generally, a Little Honey self tan will last between 3- 5 days, depending on your skin type and how you care for it. To help make sure your tan looks great for as long as possible use a moisturiser to nourish and condition your skin
Little Honey is dry to touch after 10 seconds. Leave on for at least 4 hours before showering. As Little Honey has a light vanilla, honey smell and doesn’t transfer onto clothes, you can apply in the morning and wear all day or apply right before your night out!
Before you tan, you can rub an ice cube over your face to seal your pores. Little Honey works best, and just gives a glow, if you mix 2 parts Face Moisturizer to one spray of Little Honey. Just mix and apply and smooth down your neck. Be sure to wash your hands after to avoid any staining.
No. There are no sun filters in Little Honey so it’s very important that you still use a sun protection product
Our 120 ml bottle does approx 6-8 full body tans. This may vary as we are all different shapes and sizes 😊
Although not 100% natural, Little Honey does contain natural and organic ingredients and must be used within 6 months of opening.
You must not wash, bathe, swim, shower or exercise within the development time. You can swim once your tan has developed but swimming in the sea and chlorinated pools may result in your tan fading more quickly or it going patchy.
Always conduct a small patch test in a sensitive area such as the inner arm 24 hours before full application, just in case of any reaction and to ensure you do not have any sensitivity to the ingredients.
We recommend washing your Little Honey Flawless Blending Glove after every third full body application. Or just when your glove doesn’t feel as soft as usual due to a build up of product.
Rinse your Flawless Blending Glove with a mild shampoo or soap and rinse with warm water until water runs clear and all the product is rinsed out. Air dry.
Below is a list of ingredients we use in our products. We are a cruelty free brand.
- Aqua – Water.
- DHA (Dihydroxyacetone) – Is the ingredient that only penetrates to the dead skin cells on the top layer of your skin. We use Natural DHA.
- Ethanol and AMS – Ethanol is alcohol, drinking alcohol so AMS (Anhydrous Methylated Spirits) is added so it is not drinkable.
- Mono Propylene Glycol- A humectant (helps bind moisture to the skin) to offset the drying of the alcohol.
- Erythrulose – Is a ketone sugar that enhances DHA and reacts with the top layers of your skin.
- Sorbitol (corn syrup) – Another humectant.
- PEG-7 – Emulsifying oil to help dissolve and bind fragrance and ingredients together.
- Choc Brown colour – A natural colour.
- Dehydroacetic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol – A natural preservative.
- Pro Vitamin B5 – Skin moisturizer.
- Perfume Solubiliser – Helps dissolve and bind fragrance.
- Vanilla and Honey – Fragrance. Does not contain actual honey.
- Aloe Vera – For skin hydration: Organic.
- Sodium Hydroxide- extremely tiny amount that is used in cosmetics to bind all of the above together.
DHA is the ingredient in Little Honey that turns your skin brown and only penetrates to the top dead skin cells. While some women like to avoid self tanners during pregnancy as long as you apply them according to directions they are classed safe. However it is your decision and always check with your doctor if you feel unsure.
Yes! We use plastic free paper courier bags. These are made from nice thick recycled and FSC certified paper that will protect your orders – and can be either recycled or composted!